The amount of iodine in each food depends on the cultivation area and production method. Iodine can be found in natural ingredients. Such as seaweed, cod, milk, shrimp, tuna, eggs, prunes or lima beans, or in commonly sold iodized salt. In different amounts each day as follows:
- Children 1-8 years old should get about 90 micrograms.
- Children 9-13 years old should get about 120 micrograms.
- Adults should get about 150 micrograms.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should get about 220 micrograms. As iodine is involved in embryonic development, fetal growth and brain development.
To ensure that the body is getting enough to meet the needs of the body. You should plan your diet according to the following recommendations UFABET
- Eat food from all 5 food groups, supplemented with dairy products, seaweed or eggs
- Eat whole grains and high-fiber foods for a variety of nutrients.
- Eat 2-3 seafood meals a week. And may be supplement with healthy fish oil. But be careful when eating certain fish or seafood that may be contaminate with high levels of mercury. Especially in those who want to get pregnant or are pregnant.
- Talk to your doctor before taking iodine supplements. It can be dangerous if the body gets too much iodine.